Friday, July 11, 2008

Cast of Characters

Ok. I'm back. I thought to kick this off that if there is any out there actually reading this that you should know whom I'm talking about. So let's get started with a brief description of the main characters.
Me
I am a thirty year old mother of two girls 15 months apart. And let me go ahead and answer the questions that always follow that statement. Yes, we were trying to have another baby but we did not think it would happen so quickly. No, we are not Catholic. Yes, I DO have my hands full, don't I? And finally, yes I will be okay if the next one isn't a boy either. Ok, back to me. As of right now, I'm a SAHM but in the fall I will be returning to teaching. I have my Master's in Special Education. I was a middle school Special Ed teacher for five years and I have taken a Regular Ed 5th grade position in the fall. More on that later. I am a Texan born and bred. I have traveled extensively and seen plenty of the world to know that this is where I will always live. If you don't like my state, please leave it and go back to where ever you are from if it is so great and we are so backward. What else? Let's see. I'm married to a great guy whom I love dearly but also makes me crazy. More on him later too. I recently moved the fam back to the small town that I grew up in. Definitely more on THAT later. On to the rest of the gang.
The MOUSE
The Mouse is my first daughter. She just turned two and is the female, toddler version of her father. She is very funny but also very demanding. Nothing she does is ever low key. She is extremely curious and very sweet at heart. Her current love is Elmo and Tigers.
JuJuBe
JuJuBe or JuJu is my second daughter. She is 10 months old. She could not be more different from the Mouse. She is very laid back, self entertains, has a smile for everyone and tends to be forgotten at times because she is so quiet. She excels at everything and catches on very quickly. She is the mini version of me but she got her Daddy's dimples.
Hubby
My husband. He is the ultimate Texpatriot. He loves all things Texas or Southern. He has read everything there is to read about Robert E. Lee and yes there is a Confederate flag hanging in his man room. He loves the outdoors especially if it involves cold beer. He loves his girls and his dog. He is the "Cliff Clavin" of useless knowledge especially about trucks. He has adult ADHD and if anyone does not believe that disorder exists just come on over to our house for a night. He is my companion although we are vastly different at times.

So that is the run down of our family. I hope it helps when I'm babbling on and you are trying to figure out what the hell I'm talking about.

2 comments:

Meg said...

Yay Texas! And your hubby sound like he could be best friends with mine! We're stuck in Oklahoma, but we'll always be Texans at heart. We're huge Longhorns fans (if you didn't already know) and we come to Austin every year for at least one game. If you're an A&M fan, I'm not sure we can continue blogging togeher...;)

Mama K said...

Don't worry we are far for Aggies! Hubby was born and raised in Austin so we bleed orange!! Thanks for stopping by!