Friday, January 30, 2009

Bored. Bored. Bored.

I am so incredibly bored at my job. I am a teacher and I love working with the kids but I feel like my own mind in not being stimulated enough. I have been searching for other options but in this time of instability in the job market, I don't feel up for a change. I have a Spanish major and a Master's in Special Education. I have always wanted to get a BA in English because I feel like I missed out on doing that in college. I was far to busy getting drunk to have a second major. So now I'm stuck, not knowing what to do next. On top of it all there is Mouse and JuJu. How will I find time to go back to school or change jobs and still have time for them? I have debated law school but I don't think I am detail oriented enough to be a lawyer. Book research and editing interests me but I have no clue how to get started in something like that. The other obstacle is that we have moved to our incredibly small town. There are no jobs like this at all in our community. So I feel like I need a change but I'm stuck all around. I know: wah, wah, wah.
On the other hand, I'm very thankful for my job and its benefits. I have insurance, awesome time off and I work with great people. I'm never scared of layoffs or salary cuts. So I have it pretty cush. I'm sure once the girls get in school, I will have more time to pursue something else.

No comments: