Friday, January 23, 2009

Times Flies

Wow! I cannot believe how long it has been since I have written anything on here. Well, in my defense a lot has happened.
1. I went back to work full time.
2. Hubby was laid off and has been unemployed until two weeks ago.
3. JuJuBe was very sick and hospitalized for a week.
4. The holidays.

I guess any and all of these could be a topic for this post. I will start with work. I went back to work full time as a special ed teacher. I'm working with kids with learning disabilities and I am loving being back. I thought I would feel a lot of guilt for not being a SAHM but I have realized that I was a really crappy SAHM. I love having the structure and schedule of work and the paycheck makes me feel like I'm contributing more to the family. I stayed at home for 2 years and I was really, really horrible at it. Looking back, I was probably depressed and I just don't have the personality that does well with a lot of free time. I have no guilt for being at work and I feel purposeful. It also helps that we have an AMAZING sitter that takes care of the girls, so I don't have that on my mind all the time.
The hubby's work situation has been dismal at best. He was laid off over the summer and then he worked for some Jesus Freaks for a couple of months and that just did not work out. So until recently, he has been sitting at home on the computer, scratching his balls. But he has started working for a local mason and he is enjoying being out of the house and feeling purposeful. Construction is a hard biz right now for anyone but hopefully it will change soon.
JuJu had a very severe sinus infection that was causing ear infections for over 2 months. Finally on Jan 12th, she had surgery for ear tubes, sinus irrigation and adenoid removal. She was still full of infection when she went in but they sucked it all out and so far, so good.
The holidays were crazy but fun. We hosted Hubby's whole fam at our house and it was great. Mouse is starting to get Santa so that was a lot of fun.
One of my resolutions was to keep up with this blog and now that I have discovered I can do it from work! even better. So look forward to more posts coming soon!

No comments: